The Building Authority in Australia recommends regular ducted heating services are carried out at least every 12 months to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty gas equipment. Dust build-up from continually circulating air can clog up the fan with dirt, causing a fire hazard. Experienced technicians at Service It Australia provides gas heater service Melbourne to the highest standards thaat include a carbon monoxide test and a gas burning pressure check to ensure that the ducted heating system is safe and operating at optimal levels.
Why Should a Ducted Gas Heater Service Melbourne be Done Regularly?
A ducted gas heating system is highly recommended as it uses just one unit to warm the entire home. It consists of a range of ducts either under the floor or in the roof connected to each room in the house. Making use of natural gas is an energy-efficient way to maintain a comfortable temperature in a home. The system draws cold air from inside the home through a return air grille which is warmed by being passed over a heat exchanger that uses gas combustion. The fan motor evenly distributes the warmed air to each room through a series of ducts connected to the system. The ducts are connected to vents or grilles strategically positioned around the house. All these components are subject to dirt build-up and wear and tear.
A range of remarkable features ensures that ducted gas heating is a premium option for heating homes in Melbourne. Some of these features include:
- The option of zoning for additional control
Gas Heater Service Melbourne by Service It Australia includes the following checks and tests:
• Full carbon monoxide test to detect the presence of any harmful gases
• Checking and cleaning of the flame sensor
• Cleaning dust build-up from the fan motor assembly
• Checking the gas burner pressure and correcting the setting if required
• Checking the capacitator to ensure that the motor is operating at optimum levels within the specified current range
• Checking the ignitor and adjusting the spark gaps within the heating unit if required
• Checking all electrical connections for wear and tear
• Checking the outlet ducts to ensure optimum airflow is being maintained
• Checking that the flue connection is operating correctly and removing any harmful gases from the system.
• Checking that the return air cavity is properly sealed
• Cleaning the return air grille
• Making use of special chemicals and high-pressure cleaning to prevent bacteria from spreading
• Performing a full function test to ensure the system is operating correctly
Experienced technicians at Service It Australia are all accredited in their particular field of expertise to ensure that gas heater service Melbourne is carried out to the highest standards. Regular gas ducted heating services will reduce the risk of fire from dust build-up. A lack of service can even cause the fan motor to burn out, resulting in costly repairs to the heating system. Service It Australia is the preferred choice when it comes to handling all types of heating and cooling jobs for residential and commercial clients, no matter how big or small. You can rely on modern technology and top-rate equipment used by gas heater serviceFservi to take care of all your service requirements.
For more information visit their website or call 1300 665 137 if you are in the Melbourne area.